- New AERO-STRIPE striped material on the arm sleeves for enhanced aerodynamics.
- Heat bonded arm sleeve for perfect finish and drag reduction.
- Premium woven fabrics with water repellent coating to ensure maximum performance and comfort throughout the race.
- Ergonomic panel design, fit and fabrics designed for temperature control.
- Extremely high quality, Iron Performance pad by Cytech. Crucial for IM distances.
- High end Italian leg grippers for maximum comfort and support throughout the race.
- Large, functional pocket design for race day nutrition.
When you commit to IM distance events and beyond, you need to know that your kit supplier is as committed as you are. Over those distances you will feel every imperfection, snap decision and cost saving that a brand has made.
The multi award-winning Lava collection has been Zone3’s endurance staple since it was launched in 2013 and we have continued researching and developing it ever since. Now afully fledged collection of male and female suits and separates, we have sourced the very best Italian and French materials to repel water, optimise aerodynamics and enhance comfort.
Tested in the velodrome and approved internationally by our elite athletes in 2019, the Lava suit combines advanced aerodynamic panels, with water repellent coatings and drag resistant finishing to be our fastest ever Lava endurance suit.
The key features include:
AERO-STRIPE– An innovative striped material from Italy is located on the raglan sleeves and upper back to improve aerodynamics. This UPF-50 textured material creates turbulence across the key boundary layers during high speeds on the bike, reducing drag and improving race times.
Aeroforce Soft-Touch – A revolutionary French woven fabric is used on the main front and back panels and is extremely comfortable against the skin and technically advanced. It is one of the most expensive performance fabrics on the market, but once you have tried it you will understand why.
Key benefits include:
- Extremely breathable and sweat wicking for optimum temperature control.
- Incredibly lightweight and quick drying while still being durable and offering a 50+ UPF protection
- 360° stretch for total freedom of movement.
- A high-tech Nano water repellent coating reduces drag resistance in and out of the water. Improving your swim time, repelling sweat and keeping you drier and warmer if it rains.
Sensory:An extremely smooth and soft fabric that feels fantastic against the skin, it provides extra support and compression on the legs together with a full water repellent coating. The fabric is highly breathable and sweat wicking, while the 360º stretch ensures total freedom of movement.
Integrated leg grippers: Premium Italian design utilising natural gold fibres for improved comfort. This extended panel is bonded for optimum fit and drag resistance. The grippers keep the legs in place on the bike and run and without an extra seam seen on most Tri suits. This fabric is also highly breathable, moves moisture and is comfortable next to the body which allows a great fit.
- Each fabriccarefully chosen and positioned to improve performance, comfort and endurance.
- Balanced Compressionis provided through the legs thanks to a carefully designed panel shape and the high denier rating of the Sensory fabric. This improves muscle support and helps to increase the blood flow away from the legs, therefore reducing the amount of lactic acid build up and helping to improve endurance and stamina.
- Brand new ‘Iron Performance’ pad: Designed by Cytech, one of the World’s leading pad manufacturers in Italy. Probably one of the most important aspects of racing this distance is being comfortable on the saddle. Perforated pad lamination delivers supreme breathability and quick drying capabilities. The high-density foam gives more padding and protection when cycling and the central channelling in the perinea area is designed to offset pressure points. The high level of elasticity in the pad also maximises freedom of movement when swimming and running. Described by 220 Magazine as being “remarkably good on the saddle”.
- Heat Bonded Sleeves –For optimum fit and comfort and reduced drag compared to stitching.
- Comfort fit designthroughout the body allowing you to maximise performance across the swim, bike and run.
- Stylish Prints:To look the part on race day and feel ready to do battle
- Stylish Flat locked stitching: Designed for maximum strength and minimum discomfort against the skin.
- Nutrition storage pockets:located on the back and designed with a heat bonded cover to allow gels to be stored and make it easy to access while on the bike or run.
- Construction:Utilising heat bonding, flat-lock stitching and closed stitching to find the perfect balance between comfort and speed.
- Total Zip protection: Soft fabrics are used to cover the inside of the zipper and this is combined with a ‘fold over’ cover to minimise any discomfort from the zip on the chest.
The suit offers all over comfort combined with performance during all three disciplines. If you’re taking on a long distance race this season then we hope this will be the perfect suit.